- Master of Public Policy and Governance, North South University/University of Bergen (2020).
- Master of Public Administration, Tribhuvan University (2018).
- Master of Arts in Rural Development, Tribhuvan University (2008).
- Deputy Director of Studies, Nepal Administrative Staff College (19 Apr 2021- ongoing)
- Training and Research Officer, Nepal Administrative Staff College (05 Jan 2015 - 18 Apr 2021)
- Researcher: LI Program- “The Role of Literacy Facilitators in providing onsite support to teachers in reading and writing instruction program” Room to Read Nepal.
- Lecturer: Basu College, Bhaktapur.
Training and Professional Course
- Introductory Training on WTO and MC12 Outcomes for Nepal Government Officers. Jointly organized by Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Supplies and WTO (12-16 September, 2022).
- Innovating Public Policy: Use of Evidence (InnoPoLE) (22-30 June, 2022)
- Master of Trainer on Gender Equality and Social Inclusion and Gender Responsive Budgeting: Nepal Administrative Staff College and UN Women Nepal (January 6-10, 2019).
- BRIDGE Train the Facilitator Workshop: BRIDGE, UNDP, Election Commission Nepal (16-26 Nov,2018)
- Training Methods and Skills for Managers (TMSM): National Institute for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, India (13 Nov 2017- 05 Jan 2018).
- Master Training of Trainers (MTOT) on Campaign to increase women participation in Local Election: ESP and UNDP, Nepal. (12-13 Apr 2017)
- Using Evidence for Smart Policy Design Evidence for Policy Design: Center for International Development at Harvard University (July 19-20, 2016).
- Camp Coordination and Camp Management Training: CCCM, Kathmandu (25-27 Apr,2016).
- Training for Trainer on Ecosystem Based Adaptation EBA in Mountain Ecosystem in Nepal “Capacity Building Training on Ecosystem Based Adaptation”: TU-CDES & MoFSC Cooperation (28-29 Dec 2015).
- Multi-Sector Nutrition Plan (MSNP): Government of Nepal, National Planning Commission, National Nutrition and Food Security Secretariat (09-11 Jul, 2015).
- Promoting Affirmative Action at Workplace: Nepal Administrative Staff College Jawalakhel, Lalitpur (16-17 Jun, 2015)
- Training of Trainer: NASC (April 20-19 May, 2015).
- Training on Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA/IEE): Bristol Training Institute (11-17 Dec, 2011).
- Training on “International Summer School in Food Security and Climate Change”: University of Pavia, Italy, Himalayan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology and International School of Advance Studies, Nepal (12-17 June, 2011).
- Training on Educational Research and Field Work: CDRD, Tribhuvan University, Kirtipur, Kathmandu (2008).
- Training on Rapid Rural Appraisal (RRA) and Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA): CDRD, Tribhuvan University, Kirtipur, Kathmandu (2007).
Research and Publications
- Exploring the experiences of physically challenged female employees in civil service: A case study of Kathmandu Nepal 2022 Author: Gyan Laxmi Shrestha
- COVID-19 Management in Nepal: Exploring the experience of elected officials in Dhulikhel Municipality 2021 Author: Gyan Laxmi Shrestha
- COVID-19 Management in Nepal: case studies on the responses of elected representatives in Baglung Municipality 2021 Author: Gyan Laxmi Shrestha
- Does the Climate Change Adaptation Policy Address Food Security: A case study of Humla District, Nepal 2020 Author: Gyan Laxmi Shrestha
- Citizen Charter in Nepali Public Sector Organizations: Does It Really Work? Policy & Governance Review, Vol (5), 2021. Authors: Anil Kumar Gupta and Gyan Laxmi Shrestha. https://bit.ly/2NdBlu3
- Corruption in Nepal: Level Trend and Pattern Analysis. Journal of Management and Development Studies Vol. (28) (pp. 36-52) 2018. Authors: Anil Kumar Gupta, Shiva Hari Adhikari and Gyan Laxmi Shrestha. https://bit.ly/3n0UkoM
- Multiculturalism in Nepali Public Sector Organizatons. 14th South Asian Management Forum. Conference Proceeding, 2017. Authors: Shiva Hari Adhikari, Anil Kumar Gupta and Gyan Laxmi Shrestha. https://bit.ly/3lX6OMI
- Food Security, Climate Change Impact, and solar drying technology in Dadagaon Village, Rasuwa District. 2013. Geography of Governance: Dynamics for Local Development. International Geographical Union Commission on Geography of Governance 254p. ISBN:978- 9937-2-6508-9 (Funded by ESAP/AEPC) Author: Gyan Laxmi Shrestha
- Women’s participation on farm management, a case study of Nagadesh Community of Madhyapur Thimi Municipality 2006. Author: Gyan Laxmi Shrestha
- Participatory development concepts and plans: Relevance and aspects of implementation and improvement. Parag, Nepal National Employees Union, Civil Central Committee, Babarmahal (2021) Authors: Tulashi Sharan Sigdel and Gyan Laxmi Shrestha
- Sweet tooth for Chocolates. The Rising Nepal (01 May 2010) Authors: Dr. Rishi Shah and Gyan Laxmi Shrestha
- Food Security. The Rising Nepal (18 Mar 2010) Authors: Dr. Rishi Shah and Gyan Laxmi Shrestha
- Perfumes: The Rising Nepal (Jun 2010) Authors: Dr. Rishi Shah and Gyan Laxmi Shrestha
- Team Member: Strengthening Nepal Administrative Staff College (NASC) to Develop Capacity of Government of Nepal in Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) and Gender Responsive Budget (GRB) (Jul 2017-Oct 2019)
- Conference on Geography of Governance:
- Paper Title: Dynamics for Local Development Food Security, Climate Change Impact, and solar drying technology in Dadagaon Village, Rasuwa District (31 Oct-06 Nov, 2011).
- Workshop on Young Researchers-2012, Martin Chautari:
- Paper Title: Appropriateness of Solar Dryer to Mitigate the Effects of Climate Change on Food Security in Rasuwa District, Nepal (2-3 Jan, 2012).
- Policy Discourse and Research Conference on Public Policy and Governance in South Asia
- Paper Title: "Corruption in Nepal: Level, Pattern and Trend Analysis" (10-11 July, 2017).
- Public Policy and Governance in South Asia: Towards Justice and Prosperity.
- Paper title: Citizen charter in Nepali public sector organization: What does evidence say? (28- 29 June,2018)
- EROPA Conference 2022
- paper Title: COVID-19 Management in Nepal: Case Studies on Responses of Elected Representatives in Baglung Municipility.
Area of interest
Rural Development, Development, Governance, Climate Change and Disaster Management, Feminism/GESI/GRB, Public Policy, Public Service Delivery, Team and Team Building, Project Management, Social Research, Presentation Skills and Management Games