The demand for quality service from public organizations is ever growing. To address such demand, public organizations require highly competent and committed human resource. Organizations need to create new opportunities for the employees in order to develop knowledge and skills to meet the present challenges. Besides pertinent competencies, employees must have positive mind-set to demonstrate high level of performance and achieve organizational goal. Training is one of the best means by which employees can consistently improve and broaden their knowledge and skills and enhance the personal qualities required for their professionalism. Therefore, every employee requires to be updated with existing knowledge for the improvement of professional competency throughout their career.
Class II Officers of the Government of Nepal have vital role to play in executing and managing the routine and development activities successfully in their respective organizations. The role and responsibility of these officers are instrumental in serving people, support their seniors and supervise subordinate’s performance capability.
In this respect, Nepal Administrative Staff College (NASC) has developed a core course for Class II officers working in the ministry, departments, directorates, and districts. The course is designed on the basis of the discussion with Senior Officials and feedback received from the participants of previous training courses conducted by NASC
The main aim of this course is to help Class II officers working under different Ministries of the government of Nepal to develop the core competencies for performing their roles efficiently and to contribute towards effective implementation of development programs as well as improvements in public service delivery.
- After the completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- demonstrate key self-management and interpersonal skills with positive mindsets, for effective managerial performance;
- identify staff development needs and intervention strategies and manage staff performance for achieving organizational objectives;
- diagnose organisational needs for changes and apply various intervention techniques for enhancing organisational effectiveness;
- explain key development issues and corresponding policies for ensuring public services;
- prepare macro plans and exhibit better understanding of planning mechanism and financial controlling;
- appraise, select, monitor and manage development projects for the achievement of national development objectives; and
- integrate concepts with practices through project work for enhancing their understanding and improving organizational functions in Nepal.
- Managing self & interpersonal relationship
- Performance improvement planning
- Organization development and change management
- Governance and service delivery
- Approach to development
- Planning for development
- Research methods and project works
Class II Officers of GoN
Number of Participants