Leadership has always been considered as a critical element for organizational transformation, growth and success. This is equally true for all organizations regardless of their nature, size and areas of operation. Dynamics of global political environment, the national political transformation, changing socio-economic landscape of the country, and technological innovations worldwide have been altering the way of leading and managing organizations whether public or private.
In this competitive world, the aspiring leaders need to learn about self-management, innovative and creative practices, effective communication and decision making in order to tackle challenges and gain out of the opportunities that is laid ahead. In short, a good leader must have a comprehensive understanding of oneself and also be able to understand the different aspects of human behavior in different situations.
Overall Aim and Objectives
The program aims at enhancing competencies of the officers to develop leadership competencies and managerial skills required to perform effectively in their work organization and make a positive difference.
- Learning Objectives
- Upon completion of the program participants will be able to:
- internalize the importance of managing self and relationship,
- develop leadership perspective by fostering integrity in personal and professional life
- competencies, effective coordination with focus on result orientation and problem solving, and enhance essential skills in performing managerial responsibilities by introducing conflict
- resolution techniques and encouraging strategic thinking to bring about change and transformation in the organization.
The Course is structured into essential components of leadership and management. The session topics includes;
- Understanding and Managing Self
- Building Integrity
- Managing Stress
- Leadership Competencies
- Managing Relationships
- Coordination and Cooperation
- Managing for Results: Issues and Challenges
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Managing Conflicts and Negotiating Effectively
- Fostering innovation in public sector: Role of ICT
- Organizational learning and knowledge management
- Organization Development
Training Approach and Methodology
The program is based on social learning approach including interactive presentation, case-based learning, syndicate discussion, individual exercise, role play, etc. In order to promote the team learning, effective environment will be created where the participants can explore as well as share the valuable experiences in the classroom.
10- 15 Working days
The target group of this training includes officers of public enterprises, securities agencies, bank and financial institutions, corporate sector and so on.