Leadership has always been considered as a critical element for organizational transformation, growth and success. This is equally true for all organizations regardless of their nature, size and areas of operation. An armed force organization has some unique features and culture to achieve its broader goal of national security, harmony and peace keeping. Dynamics of global political environment, the ongoing political transformation and changing socio-economic landscape of the country, and technological innovations worldwide have been altering the way of leading and managing organizations whether public or private.
Nepal Army, a historical institution is going through reforms and capacity building for consolidating its strategic capabilities and competency of the force. Such reforms have always emphasized the role of leadership and managerial efficiency for effective functioning to achieve desirable transformation in governance system of the armed force. As senior officers of armed force, the officers of Nepal Army need to understand the mindset of high performance leaders, and tap into their own strengths to influence and lead with impact. They need to recognize different facets of leadership, such as inspiring and motivating teams, building commitment and managing resistance to change. Similarly, they need to develop better understanding of changing role of managers and essential skills for gaining managerial efficiency and perform effectively.
Competencies in such area are the bare bones for enhancing their own performance as well as making their efforts instrumental for cultural transformation and consolidation of Nepal army making the organization more capable, accountable, result oriented, innovative, and efficient.
In this connection, NASC has designed this course on Leadership and Management in consultation with the Army Command and Staff College, as an integral component of Command and Staff Training Course for the officers of Nepal Army including the army officers from Bangladesh, India, China, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, South Korea, UK, and the USA.
The program aims at enhancing core competencies of the senior army officers to develop their leadership competencies and managerial skills required to perform effectively in their work organization and make a difference.
Upon completion of the program participants will be able to:
- Recognize the leadership as a process, and analyze their leadership potential in given situations,
- Analyze the core competencies required for a leader to bring about change and transformation in the organizational systems, process and people,
- Recognize the importance of emotional intelligence and communication skills to be effective leader and manager,
- Define changing role of managers in public organizations,
- Enhance essential skills in performing managerial responsibilities in organization,
- Illustrate the process of strategic planning and analyze major considerations in strategic implementation and control
The Course is structured into two modules for Classroom sessions in a synchronized workshop approach. The training will cover the following major topics:
- Leadership competencies
- Interpersonal Relationship
- Self Development
- Emotional Intelligence
- Negotiation skills
- Integrity and Ethics
- Developing positive attitude
- Managing for results
- Decision making and problem solving
- Strategic management
- Organizational learning and knowledge management
- Managing innovation and creativity at workplace
Eligibility(Qualification): Officers of Nepal Army & other countries
Number of Participants: 52